Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (ICND2)
This is the second of two courses that prepare for CCNA certification. This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate and troubleshoot a small to medium-size branch office Enterprise network, including configuring several switches and routers, connecting to a WAN and implementing network security.
At the end of this course learner’s will have developed knowledge and skills to prepare them for the Cisco 640?816 certification exam. Learners who have also completed ICND1 will be prepared to sit the 640-802 exam. [Learners will receive a Statement of Participation listing the topics covered]
IT and computing students seeking industry accreditation in networking and who have completed ICND1 training. IT support staff,
management, salespeople and
administrators seeking industry accredited network training
About the Instructor
The course presenter is a CCAI (Cisco Certified Academy Instructor) who has taught CCNA since 2001 and CCNP since 2005. He has multiple cisco certifications including CCNP, CCDP and CCIP. What we provide Learners receive full instructor led training in a modern lab. Each learner has their own PC, router and switch. They also receive router simulator software. and electronic copies of all presentations and lab activities.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Expand the switched network from a small LAN to a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, Trunking, InterVLAN routing and Spanning tree.
- Describe routing concepts as they apply to a medium-sized network and discuss considerations when implementing routing on the network.
- Design and implement a VLSM solution
- Configure, Verify and troubleshoot OSPF
- Configure, Verify and troubleshoot EIGRP
- Determine how to apply ACLs based on network requirements and to configure verify and troubleshoot ACLs on a medium-sized network.
- Configure a point to point connection with PPP using PAP or CHAP
- Scale a WAN network with NAT or PAT.
- Configure and verify a WAN connection using Frame Relay
- Configure and verify a simple IPv6 solution
- Describe the advantages of VPN solutions
- Identify and implement the appropriate WAN technology based on network requirements.
- Medium-Sized Switched Network Construction
- Medium-Sized Routed Network Construction
- Single Area OSPF Implementation
- EIGRP Implementation
- Access Control Lists
- Address Space Management
- LAN Extension to a WAN