Monitoring and Reviewing Performance
Imperial monitors and reviews the performance of its approved agents annually at the expiry of agent agreement or earlier if required through a number of methods:
- Student Feedback
- After receiving Information from ASQA or Department of Education and Training
- In-house analysis of agent performance
- Within two weeks of commencement of course at the Imperial, new students who have come through an Imperial approved agent are asked to complete the Education Agent Feedback Form, included in student orientation packs. This form provides direct feedback concerning students’ opinions and experiences with their agents.
- From this feedback Imperial is able to collate and analyse areas where agents could improve and also provides an assessment of their services and performance on a routine basis.
Reviewing & Renewing Agent Agreements Annually
- The Marketing Manager will review agents whose agency agreement is due to expire.
- The Marketing Manager will commence this process 1 month prior to Agent Agreement expiry date.
Agents will be divided into 2 groups:
- 1.No Registrations; and
Agents with no registrations will automatically become inactive on management system and the agent agreement will not be renewed.
Agents with registrations will be renewed based on:
- Number of student enquiries received from the specific agent;
- Number of students enrolling from the specific agent;
- Number of students dissatisfied with the specific agents services; and
- Good performance throughout the year, proven ability to abide by all regulatory requirements.
- Renewal of agreement takes the above factors into consideration, agents who fail to meet standard requirements from the region will become Inactive.
Corrective and Preventative Actions
Corrective and preventative actions must be appropriate to the breach of requirements by the Agent.
Corrective and preventative actions could include:
- Cancelling the agent agreement,
- Correcting incorrect information provided to students,
- Providing students with a full refund of the agent fees in the event that students have been mislead by the actions of the Agent.
- Requiring the Agent to undertake counselling by the Provider about the Agent’s responsibilities under this agreement, code of conduct under this agreement and requirements under the SRTOs.
Agent’s refusing to undertake the required corrective and preventative action will have their agreement cancelled
Right to Appeal
Imperial supports an agent’s right to appeal for non renewal of agent agreements. Agents must address their appeal in writing with any supporting documentation. The Marketing Manager will review the appeal and conclude if the agent is eligible for probationary extension of agency agreement valid for 3 to 6 months.
Renewal of Agreement
Agents who satisfy standard requirements will be issued a new agent agreement.